What a crazy weekend we had last weekend. Caleb had been sick for a few days with diarrhea and then Josh got seriously ill. He had to go to the ER and get two saline bags plus anti-nausea meds. He was rough big time. Matthew and I ended up getting it at the same time Friday night, it was so sad. I took some meds from France that helped kick it right away but Matty was not so lucky. Poor little man was out all day Saturday, he did nothing but watch movies and drink Gatorade (he couldn't drink for the first few hours when it hit).
Sunday we decided to go to the zoo with the boys, Caleb's first zoo visit. It was so much fun. Caleb did not make a peep the entire time, he was totally involved in looking around. Matthew was excited as always and was interested in different animals this time. He seemed most curious about the rhinos, flamingos, the gold fish and the monkeys. He made his first stamped coin, he choose the ape stamp. On our way out he picked up a really cool airplane pencil sharpener and a zoo pencil, he had fun. We got to see the Florida red wolf get fed some type of red meat, super cool! We got to visit the Komodo dragon for the second time, the first time I was pregnant.
I enjoyed just being in the open air, having a picnic and just being with the boys and Josh. The animals are so sad to me. I especially feel most emotional over the silver back apes. I actually got teary eyed just looking at them. They added more electrical fencing around the trees and other structures in the apes cage. Its so sad to me.
Later on that evening Matthew finished up his second project. This one is an animal project, the Panda. We already talked about this but I wanted to share the finished project. I give it an A++.
Hopefully this weekend we will have more adventures to share:)
1 comment:
Great pics. Looks like a fun time! I keep saying I want to go to the zoo but my courage fails...someday we will go again!!
Post a Comment